After much wait and anticipation, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has finally launched its portal for e-Aadhaar. This online portal can be used by people for downloading their Aadhar letters. Now, all those people who have got themselves enrolled will not have to wait for their cards to reach their respective residential addresses. They can simply visit the online e-Aadhaar portal and download their Aadhaar letters. All they have to do is get it printed and they can use it wherever they want by just carrying a printed copy of this Aadhar letter. In order to download your letter from this portal, you are required to have your respective enrolment number as well as date and time of your enrolment for Aadhaar card. For your convenience, a detailed description of the complete procedure for downloading your Aadhaar letter has been given below:
- Before visiting the portal, make sure that you have your enrolment number. Failing to which, you will not be able to download your Aadhar letter. Also, the date and time of your enrolment should be known to you for getting a copy of your Aadhaar letter. All these details are supposed to be there on the enrolment slip that you receive when you get yourself enrolled at the enrolment centre.
- After visiting the portal, fill in all the details as asked by the website. These will include your enrolment number, the date and time of your enrolment, your name, your permanent residential address, your pin code and your captcha code i.e. a code used to ensure that the details were entered by a human being and not any computer device. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
- In the next step, you will have to verify your mobile number. This will be done by displaying the last 4 digits of your mobile number. If the mobile number displayed belongs to you, press “Yes”. After this, you will receive an OTP i.e. One Time Password through SMS on your mobile number and this will complete the verification process. In case, the displayed number does not belong to you, press “No” and enter your actual mobile number and again click on the “Submit” button. This time you will receive your OTP on your mobile number, provided that the number entered by you is correct this time.
- You will need this OTP to download your Aadhaar letter. You have to enter this OTP in the next field in order to proceed further. Once you enter this OTP, you will gain access to the electronic version of your Aadhaar letter.
- In the next step, you will be provided a link which will help you to download your Aadhaar letter in the PDF format. In order to open this PDF file, you have to enter your “Pin code” as the password.
You just need to take a print out of this Aadhaar letter and it can be used for any purpose.